If you sign up to any of the below libraries you are able to gain free access to their online resources with your library card number. You can do this by dropping in to your local library or many offer the ability to sign up online.
- online reference room – this page lists all of the free online resources available to you with your library card incuding;
- Newsbank – provides access to national and regional newspaper archives, incl. main daily publications, the Economist, East and West Midland titles. Accessible via Leicester City Library.
- Oxford Art Online – provides access to Grove Art Online (art encyclopaedia covering all aspects of visual art), The Oxford Companion to Western Art, Encyclopedia of Aesthetics and The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms. You will need to type LEI in front of your library card number to gain access.
- Oxford Art Online – provides access to Grove Art Online (art encyclopaedia covering all aspects of visual art), The Oxford Companion to Western Art, Encyclopedia of Aesthetics and The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms. You will need to type LCC in front of your library card number to gain access.
- The Grove Encylcopedia of Decorative Arts
- Ecyclopedia of Global Change
- NewsUK – provides access to over 100 national and regional newspapers and magazines
- Biomed Central Access Journals: Biology & Medicine, Chemistry, Physics & Maths – These are free access websites so you DO NOT need a library card to access these.
- E-Books – With a library card users can dowload e-books from any of the Warwickshire County Libraries for 3 weeks.
- Oxford Music Online – is the gateway offering users the ability to access and cross-search multiple music reference resources in one location.
- Naxos Music – Stream classical music for free.
- Cans – a detailed and practical summary of the laws of Englans, Wales and Scotland.
- Infotrac gives acess to digital archives of national (Times, Guardian, Mirror, Mail, Telegraph, Observer) and local (Birmingham, Coventry and Leamington Spa, Rugby) newspapers.
The Open University Learning Space – sign up as a visitor to access the Open Learn area or the Open Univeristy.
- Open Learn – Free online courses in a variety of topics with lots of free visual resources and forum’s.