The CLA Licence covers photocopying, scanning and retyping of fragments of books, e-books, magazines and free-to-view websites.
Under the terms of the Licence, you may photocopy, scan, send by email etc. up to 5% or one chapter of a book whichever is greater, or one article from a magazine.
- the copies may be shared only with the current learners and members of staff;
- no repetitive copying is allowed, i.e. if one chapter of a book has been copied, no other chapters from the same book can be copied for the same course;
- digital copies should be uploaded on Moodle courses with an enrolment key and removed once the course is over;
- copies can be made from the publications purchased by the College, e.g. the college library, not from personal copies;
- check here whether copying froma particular title is allowed under the CLA licence the college holds.
A good place to learn about Copyright in the United Kingdom – http://copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright/